Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mixed message

AAII sentiment just released today is surprising. Despite market strength, bulls actually dropped from 40% to 30% while the bears rose from 33% to 38%. This is contrarian bullish and suggests the market has room to rise further still or at the very least trade sideways with only shallow pullbacks for another week or 2. AAII sentiment alone doesn't invalid the bearish things I've been noticing but admittedly, it does at the very least suggest that the downdraft I'm expecting won't happen just yet and I should hold off on making the bearish bet I was contemplating. Keep in mind, my time frame is typically multi-week not day to day....day to day volatility should still be quite favorable for those who trade day to day or intraday.

No comments:

Post a Comment